Friday, January 13, 2006

A word of explanation

There have been some questions as to why I'm publishing polling results, especially since they aren't favorable to the candidate, Sam Goldstein, who I'm supporting.

Folks, I could just make up some numbers that would make it seem like the Conservatives are going to coast to an easy victory here in Trinity-Spadina. That would be wrong. The Conservatives have a tough time in this riding. No amount of bluster or bravado is going to hide that grim fact.

At this point in time, it looks like Olivia and Tony are running neck and neck. Certainly the amount of mud they're slinging at each other indicates that they feel it is a close race.

And as to why I haven't put a link to this site on the Goldstein campaign's website: (http://samgoldstein.org/)
it is party policy not to have links to weblogs on candidates' websites.

Where are these numbers coming from? I'm not allowed to use the polling results generated by this campaign's canvassing & phone banking efforts. These figures are coming from other sources in the riding. Sources with poor security, I might add.

So anyway, enjoy the last 10 days of the campaign. I think this will turn out to be one of the most interesting duels of the evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home